Join ‘Bold & Brilliant Women’ Sharing Their Ideas Worth Spreading
Every single day, women in St. Louis make their mark in science, design, music and education. On Dec. 5, TEDxGatewayArch brings together some of these leaders to share innovative ideas that create real, meaningful change in our community.
Featured local speakers at the “Bold & Brilliant Women” event include:
• Meridith McKinley, founder and partner at Via Partnership, speaking on the power of public art in urban places and the importance of the arts in our everyday and community lives.
• Sophia Hayes, a professor of chemistry at Washington University in St. Louis, sharing ways to “science the heck out of climate change” based on current technology to help reduce greenhouse gasses.
• Rebecca Clark, an author who founded the company Be Heard Publishing to channel her passion for youth literacy into educational contributions to help children express themselves and their dreams.
• Dr. Leilani Carver-Madalon, an associate (tenured) professor of strategic communication and leadership at Maryville University and an explorer who challenges women to create their own adventures of learning and connection—and encourages them to stop perfectionism by empowering authentic confidence.
• The Hon. Tishaura Jones, the first female treasurer for the City of St. Louis, speaking on how small investments in children’s savings accounts can yield positive results over time.
Featured entertainers include:
• Tonina Saputo, an independent singer, songwriter, bassist, musical journalist and poet who performs original music and her arrangements of covers in both Spanish and English.
• Rubi, a duo made up of sisters Bella and Lily Ibur, whose music ranges from pop-hop to R&B with a sound that can be bright and iconic or deep and haunting.
TEDx events are independently run, with a goal of sharing ideas within communities—and in St. Louis, all of those performing, being interviewed or giving 18-minute talks must have local connections.
Because building community among women and their allies is one of the organizers’ goals for “Bold & Brilliant Women,” they offer special group rates for anyone—whether it’s a women’s initiative at a company or a social outing among friends. Partnership opportunities for women’s initiatives and organizations are also available. Contact Steve@tedxgatewayarch.org for details.
General admission and VIP tickets (which include lunch at 11:30 a.m.) are available online for the TEDxGatewayArch “Bold & Brilliant Women” Dec. 5 at the Ferrara Theatre in Downtown St. Louis. Tickets start at just $49. Talks begin at 2 p.m.
Featured image courtesy of TEDxGatewayArch.
This post is brought to you in part by the mentioned organization. Thank you for supporting the companies that keep ALIVE and Guided growing.