Top 10 Fashion Highlights From the 2014 Oscars
One of the biggest nights in Hollywood spawned a ton of buzz and even more sparkle. Although the risk-taking style during the 2014 awards season was at a minimum, the stars looked beautiful, on-trend and in great spirits. Here are our top 10 fashion highlights of the evening taken both on the red carpet and at the exclusive Vanity Fair Oscar bash.
10. Anne Hathaway: Although the general internet public wasn’t necessarily feeling Anne’s disco ball-inspired Gucci, we love the 70s and thought she looked fabulous.
9. Anna Kendrick: Anna has been one of our top red carpet picks all season long, and she did not disappoint in this tribal ensemble she sported at the Vanity Fair Oscar after-party.
8. Lupita Nyong’o: Everyone has been waiting for Lupita’s Oscar red carpet moment all season long, therefore she topped best dressed lists across the board. We have to admit, her SAG Awards dress choice was our favorite, however!
7. Charlize Theron: Giving us sophisticated/sexy, we loved the illusion straps and the sheer panels on her beautiful black Dior gown.
6. Jared Leto: His hair alone earns him a top 10 mention … and yeah, we loved his cream tux jacket and red bow tie too.
5. Lady Gaga: Looking like a silver screen siren, Lady Gaga made heads turn in this fabulous baby pink Versace with a red carpet stance to match.
4. Ellen and Portia: Looking so fresh and so clean, Ellen and Portia absolutely killed as the hottest couple at the Vanity Fair Oscar party. Perfect combo of masculine meets feminine.
3. Matthew and Camila: Another hot couple, Matthew and especially his wife Camila Alves have been burning up the red carpet this entire season. A true fashion icon. Seriously, how does she do it?
2. Emma Watson: Simple and chic, Emma Watson was one of the most youthful and current on the red carpet this season. We love the sheer metallic minimalism in this gown by Vera Wang.
1. Kate Hudson: Just like her mama Goldie Hawn, Kate is an absolute pro at award show style. Glamorous to the max, it was all over when she strutted in front of the cameras in this amazing gown by Atelier Versace.