This Week's Dish: SLAM's Schlafly Beer Dinner, Stella Artois' Chef Battle Royale, Pastaria's Pizza Takeover
Friday, Nov. 15: Join Executive Chef Edward Farrow of Panorama at the Saint Louis Art Museum for a special prix fixe menu that will be paired exclusively with Schlafly beers. The $65 ticket price includes a special welcoming reception followed by a seated five-course dinner. The menu includes:
- Spiced Alaskan Sable Fish Filet with Seaweed Salad, Lemon-Chili Aioli and Sesame Crisp paired with Schlafly Hefeweizen
- Confit of Double Starr Farms Chicken Risotto with Mango, Avocado and Blood Orange paired with Schlafly Tasmanian IPA
- Local Lamb slowly braised with Aromatics, Winter Squash and It’s Toasted Seeds, Spinach and Cardamom Meringue paired with Schlafly Christmas Ale
- Baetje Farms Fleur de Valle Goats Milk Cheese with House Made Orange Marmalade Gelee, Toasted Pecans Bread and Exotic Spices paired with Schlafly Grand Cru
- Dark Chocolate Imperial Stout Cake with Salted Caramel Buttercream and Cocoa Nib Tuile paired with Schlafly Imperial Stout
Friday, Nov. 15 through Sunday, Nov. 17: Don’t miss your chance to see the first public Stella Artois Chef Battle Royale Champions Showcase featuring three of St. Louis’ celebrity chefs: Vito Racanelli Jr., Jack MacMurray and Wes Johnson. These chefs will be challenged to not only use beer as an ingredient, but to infuse food with flavor and pair it to bring dishes to life. This Battle Royale Showcase will feature various beer pairings from Anheuser-Busch, and the A-B Brewmaster will be on hand to explain the history of each beer, the brewing process and how the pairings work. Tickets are $45 and can be purchased through the Hollywood Casino Ballroom site.
Hollywood Casino Ballroom, 777 Casino Center Dr., Maryland Heights,
Wednesday, Nov. 20: Pastaria welcomes Michael Paley of Garage Bar in Louisville, Ky. for the restaurant’s very first pizza takeover. Paley will prepare a special, one-night-only prix fixe menu of three dishes for $28. First-course choices include fried turkey wings with sweet pepper sauce, rolled oysters with romesco and herbed pecorino, and arugula salad with roasted pumpkin, pine nuts, ricotta salata and balsamic. Pizza options are white pie and greens, pumpkin pie and sausage pie. And choose your dessert from three frozen treats: Bittersweet chocolate and sea salt sorbet, vanilla-orange-rosemary ice cream and walnut-espresso ice cream. Make your reservation by calling 314.862.6601.