This Week In Fashion: Saint Rita Parlor Hosts A Trunk Show And 100 Additional Tickets Available For Rebecca Minkoff at STLFW
St. Louis native Neil Bardon will be hosting a trunk show for his L.A.-based line, Saint Rita Parlor, at Planter’s House on Wednesday, April 9 from 6-8pm. Saint Rita Parlor consists of a unique heirloom-inspired collection of limited edition eyewear and accessories for men and women with celebrity clients including Ted Danson and Bill Clinton. The event is co-hosted by Wale Soulade of A Curated Man—top style blog amongst the fashion savvy—and will feature complementary light bites and drinks while they last. Email Lindsay Pattan at Lindsay@alivemag.com to request an invite. 1000 Mississippi Ave.
Neiman Marcus hosts an exciting beauty event on Wednesday, April 9 from 5:30-7:30pm hosted by Julie Schott, Assistant Beauty Writer with ELLE Magazine. Guests will enjoy a fashion show featuring top spring beauty looks, colors and scents by the likes of Estee Lauder, Jo Malone, La Mer, Laura Mercier, Revive, Oribe, YSL and more. Local salons 13th and Washington, Breeze Blow Dry Bar, Blown Away Blow Dry Bar, Naturally Pure Salon, Jon Tomas Salon & Spa and TRIM a Hair Salon will also go head-to-head in an ultimate “battle of the style strands,” with a guest vote for favorite stylist and salon. Various other events include giveaways, gift baskets and facials. RSVP to Rsvpstlouis@Neimanmarcus.com or 314-994-5053.
On Thursday, April 10, TRUNK kicks off at Moxi Enterprises, a quarterly pop-up event that will feature a curated selection from several of your favorite local designers including Michael Drummond, Andy J, Devil City, Laura Kathleen, Jaqueline Nicole and Paulie Gibson. The event lasts from 7-10pm and you can keep up with up-to-the-minute details and designer information through their official Facebook page. 1939 S. Vandeventer
The annual Pronto Fashion Show takes place Saturday, April 12, showcasing up-and-coming designers and models from the St. Louis area. This year’s event is aptly named, “A Sense of St. Louis” in recognition of the city’s 250th birthday and will be held at St. Louis City Hall beginning with a cocktail reception at 7pm. Designers include Ola Style, Mala Fashion Design, Miss Honey, Fouche, LB and Panache Collection. Visit the event page for tickets and VIP seating options. 1200 Market Street
- World renowned fashion exhibit, “A Queen Within” will close in St. Louis on April 19, after a successful six-month run at the World Chess Hall of Fame. To honor the city for its support of the exhibit—a breathtaking look into the archetypes of chess through the fashion of legendary avant garde designers including Alexander McQueen, Iris Van Herpen and more—the WCHOF will be granting the public free admission in its final week of viewings.
- Locally owned home furnishings retailer, Hammer & Hand recently launched a new website, allowing customers to browse H & H’s large selection of vintage, antique and reclaimed one-of-a-kind home goods imported and hand-picked directly from India. With the venture, information and specs on each piece are conveniently at your fingertips, complete with detailed photos and pricing.
- Online bidding begins Saturday, April 12 for the silent auction in association with the Contemporary Art Museum’s upcoming Space For Possibility Gala. Works by numerous emerging artists will be up for grabs, including Andrew Dadson, Daniel Gordon, Wyatt Kahn, Masood Kamandy, Michelle Lopez, Shana Lutker, Antonio Puleo, Samira Yamin, and more. The gala will honor the remarkable impact CAM has made over the past decade, and will be held on April 26, which is also the last day of bidding. For more information about both the gala and auction, visit CAM’s official website.
- Saks Fifth Avenue announced this week that they will be hosting an exclusive event with fine jewelry designer, Temple St. Clair on May 2 from 11-4pm. St. Clair’s namesake jewelry line has earned countless admirers among both the fashion elite and bohemian glamazons and features exquisite designs inspired by her time spent in Florence, Italy and beyond.
- Local screen-printing shop Shirt Kong is hosting a “Support Local Artists” T-shirt Design Contest to help provide St. Louis artists of all ages with a platform to get their work viewed by the public. There are no limitations to design and submissions will be accepted through April 7 with a public Facebook vote beginning on April 8. The top three designers will earn a trip to the official Saint Louis Fashion Week after party on April 25, where their designs will be voted on once again by fashion industry professionals and attendees. Submit your design here or follow along with Shirt Kong on Facebook.
Due to high demand, ALIVE Magazine released 100 additional tickets to Rebecca Minkoff, who will show her most recent collection as part of Saint Louis Fashion Week on April 24 at Saks Fifth Avenue. Tickets are sure to sell out quickly—snag yours before its too late.