This Week In Fashion: Saint Louis Fashion Week Begins and Brown Shoe Co. Celebrates A Milestone In NYC
It’s here! Saint Louis Fashion Week Spring 2014 events are underway this week with a stellar lineup of local and national designers at three venues including the beautiful Union Station, Saks Fifth Avenue and the Saint Louis Galleria. Here is a schedule rundown of the events, courtesy of the Saint Louis Fashion Week website. Remember, very few tickets are still available.
Spring Into Fashion St. Louis Galleria Runway Show features looks from the Saint Louis Galleria’s top stores including Banana Republic, bebe, Tommy Bahama, White House/Black Market, Fossil and more. One hundred percent of ticket sales will benefit Friends of Wings, the official charity partner. Tickets: $15. The event kicks off with a 6pm cocktail hour, followed by a 7pm runway show and shopping at 8pm. Purchase tickets.
Rebecca Minkoff will showcase her newest collection at Saks Fifth Avenue with 100 percent of ticket sales benefitting The St. Louis Fashion Fund. Tickets: $100 Front Row, $25 General Admission, include first-come-first-serve seating and stating room, complimentary Skinnygirl wine and gourmet popcorn from The Hive. Cocktail hour begins at 6pm, followed closely with the 6:30pm runway show and 7pm shopping.
This Designer Showcase will feature looks from Novis, Harbison, Skif International, Viktor Luna, Devil City, Michael Drummond, Dipped & Dyed and Blue Bird Apparel. Tickets: $50 VIP tickets (Rows 2-4), $25 General Admission (seated), $15 General Admission (standing). The Official STLFW After Party will follow. A VIP cocktail hour kicks off a 7pm followed by the 7pm GA cocktail hour. At 8pm is the runway show followed by a 9pm after party. Purchase tickets.
Official Saint Louis Fashion Week After Party featuring Née, DJ TrashTalk, DJ BillyBrown and hosted by Lux from 105.7 The Point. Tickets are $10, but access is included with any ticket purchased for Saint Louis Fashion Week. At 8:30pm the after party begins with DJ Billy Brown, followed by Nee Music at 10:30pm and DJ TrashTalk at 10:30pm. Purchase tickets.
Designer Showcase Pop-up at the William Shearburn Gallery will feature items directly off the runway of the Union Station show. Free Admission. 665 South Skinker
More Area Events
- Brown Shoe Co. is set to ring the closing bell on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday, April 23 in honor of their 100-year anniversary on the NYSE. An exciting celebration will follow during a sleek cocktail event that will host celebs, industry leaders and fashion influencers at the new World Trade Center in the heart of New York City.
- The Urban League Guild of St. Louis hosts My Sister’s Closet, a consignment fundraising event, on Saturday, April 26 from 10am-2pm at the Cardinal Ritter College Prep Gym. The shopping event will feature new and gently used clothing, designer items, jewelry, accessories and Mary Kay cosmetics. Proceeds will benefit the Guild’s health fair, college scholarships and Urban League literacy projects. 701 North Spring
- On Sunday, April 27, the “Something Like Fashion” Urban Arts Expo will be held at Lumen Private Event Space from 5-8pm. The event will begin with a cocktail hour featuring various performances from 5-7pm and the fashion show will take place from 7-8pm and will highlight the collections of several local designers including Cory Lampkin, Miss Honey, D’Antonio and more. 2201 Locust Street
- American luxury brand, St. John, makes its way to the Chase Park Plaza for the sleek and chic Runway Lights Fashion Show, on Saturday, April 26 at 10:30am. The St. John Pre-Fall 2014 collection will be presented to benefit Variety the Children’s Charity of St. Louis, an organization that assists children with disabilities. Chairs for Children will host an auction before and after the show featuring one-of-a-kind accent chairs created by 20 local designers whose proceeds will also benefit the cause. The show will be held in the Chase Park Plaza-Khorassan Ballroom. Call 314-720-7704 for tickets and information. 212 North Kingshighway Boulevard
- Macy’s Spring Fashion Show will take place Saturday, April 26 from 2-4pm at their Saint Louis Galleria location. The Secret Garden Fashion event will be hosted by interior designer Jessie Miller, and will feature the season’s top trends, refreshments, music, giveaways and more. The event is free, but registration is required through their event page.
In addition to the rundown of events listed above, Flipbook, will also be joining us for the Official STLFW After Party at Union Station. Guests will walk away with the ultimate souvenir, a 30-page flipbook with your photos in motion! The event is set to be hosted by local radio personality, Lux of 105.7 The Point, and will feature live music by Nee, DJ Trash Talk and DJ Billy Brown.