This Week In Fashion: Peat Wollaeger Celebrates First Brick And Mortar and Jacob Laws Launches A New Venture
- Vital Voice Magazine joins forces with Pearl Vodka and Bacardi Rum to host an exciting kickoff event celebrating National Pride Month. The event will be held on Tuesday, June 3 from 7-10pm at rooftop hotspot Three Sixty in Downtown St. Louis. There will be a $5 suggested donation at the door to benefit the Human Rights Campaign which earns you one complimentary cocktail. For more details and to RSVP, visit the official Facebook event page.
- St. Louis street artist and designer Peat Wollaeger celebrates the grand opening of his first brick and mortar gallery space at 2222 S Jefferson Ave. on Friday, June 6 at 7pm. An auction of some of Wollaeger’s art will be up for grabs to assist in the funding of new public art on Jefferson, including a new mural that will grace the street in the next several months. The event will also kick off the official opening of the EYEZBrand Pop-up Shop (regular hours will be Saturdays from noon-4pm), where EYEZ-inspired clothing and prints will be available for purchase. For a full list of events and to purchase your tickets, visit the Facebook event page.
- The Women’s Designer and Men’s Sale kicked off May 29 and will last through June 8 at the Plaza Frontenac Neiman Marcus. Women will save up to 50 percent off on designer and couture apparel and evening gowns with additional discounts also being offered on shoes, sportwear, CUSP and intimate apparel. For the guys, suits, sportswear, shoes, personal furnishings and more will be marked down up to 33 percent off. 1701 S. Lindburgh
- It’s Friends & Family at Macy’s where guests will receive an additional 25 percent off regular, sale and clearance items—including designer brands. The event will take place from June 4-9 at all area locations
- Nordstrom announced last week the official dates for their hottest sale of the year, the Anniversary Sale, which will take place July 18-Aug. 3. Customers will have a chance to shop top designer brands—including Vince, Frye, Diane von Furstenberg, Hugo Boss, Rebecca Minkoff, Alexis Bittar, J Brand, Tumi, Michael Kors and more—at special discounted prices (Stay tuned to Style Notes for the latest sale details and a few of our top picks!).
- St. Louis-based interior designer du jour, Jacob Laws, has announced that he has resigned as Senior Designer at CURE Design Group and has launched Jacob Laws Interior Design. “I’m so proud of it- and thrilled to finally have my own name on the door and have complete creative control over branding, lifestyle, projects,” says Laws.
- St. Louis Saks Fifth Avenue’s Men’s Department is now an exclusive retailer of top men’s denim line Robin’s Jean, an American-made brand by way of Los Angeles. “We can barely keep them in stock,” says Selling Manager Ann Nobs, “they have been hugely popular and have quickly become a top seller.”
- Calling all emerging designers! The annual Pins & Needles fashion show is now scouting for up-and-coming fashion designers from the St. Louis area to compete for top prizes in an exciting runway event that will take place on Saturday, Aug. 2. Interested parties should send a portfolio with at least five looks, a bio, inspiration and future goals to Dwight Carter, email@example.com, by June 5 to be considered.