This Week In Fashion: Fashion News In And Around The Lou
St. Louis most fab fashion news and events:
Aug. 13: Pure by Jen Ladies Night
Join the ladies of Pure by Jen and ALIVE’s Fashion Editor Sarah Stallmann in Wildwood on Thursday evening from 6-9pm for wine, appetizers and a styling session with Stallmann on how to create fashionable looks for the summer to fall transition. RSVP by calling (636-458-8588), emailing (email@example.com) or responding on Facebook. The event is free to attend. 16739 Main St, Wildwood
- St. Louis-based ethical leather line, Fauxgerty, announced this week that they will be opening up a brick-and-mortar location in the CWE this September. Designer Chrissy Fogerty and graphic artist Meg Ebaugh-Faris announced the new venture on social media. The new location will carry an even larger selection of outerwear (their signature moto jacket included), soft tees, sweatshirts, jewelry and vegan leather handbags from Matt & Nat. 230 N. Euclid, CWE
- Thrift shop favorite Savers opened their newest location in St. Charles last Thursday at 1920 Zumbehl Rd. The new location has announced that their charity partner is Big Brothers, Big Sisters and is the fourth in the Greater St. Louis area.
- St. Louis native, Theresa Wangia of Beltshazzar Jewels is one of three national emerging accessory designer finalists, who are competing at this year’s Phoenix Fashion week Oct. 1-3. Phoenix Fashion Week conducts a four-month designer bootcamp leading up to one designer being crowned Emerging Accessory Designer of the Year. Wangia will premier her newest collection at PFW, which will feature elements from her journeys, incorporating materials sourced from various nomadic and tribal cultures.
- T. Couture, presently a STL-based web store, plans to open a brick-and-mortar boutique near the end of the month. Owner Teresa Dickerson plans to continue to offer signature styles in all shapes and sizes, including a Perfect Plus collection. Any local designers who are looking to have their items featured in the boutique are encouraged to email Dickerson at firstname.lastname@example.org. To keep tabs on all of the T. Couture happenings and grand opening events, visit their Facebook page. 3371 N.HWY 67, Florissant
- Locally owned boutique Kat’s Closet has announced the launch of their fashion truck, set to take place outside the Holiday Inn in South County Center on Friday, August 28 from 3-6pm. The mobile shop on-the-go will feature a similar selection as her stand-alone counterpart, some of which can be found on the shop’s website. The first 25 shoppers will receive a special gift. For more information and to RSVP, visit the Facebook event page.