STL's Top Teen Talent Compete Tomorrow Night At The Fabulous Fox
Thought high school talent shows got your stage fright up? This one kicks it up a notch: Tomorrow night at 8pm, 12 teen acts from some of the city’s most prestigious arts programs will compete for more than $30,000 in scholarships, prizes and awards at The Fabulous Fox Theatre. Following the March 28 semifinal round, this final show is a Broadway-style performance free and open to the public.
Finalists will also have the chance to perform throughout the year in events such as the Shakespeare Festival St. Louis, Webster Art & Air Festival, National Dance Week and the Muny. Students will also be eligible for “The Audience Choice Award,” which will be returning this year for the crowd to award their favorite act a $1,000 cash prize.
The Fox Performing Arts Charitable Foundation, which puts together the event, has provided the opportunity for talented St. Louis teens to compete for college scholarships, special awards, prizes and public appearance opportunities. The Foundation wishes to cultivate rich talent amongst the emerging talent in the St. Louis Metropolitan area.
- Contemporary ballet dancers from Saint Louis Ballet: Caitria Arnold (homeschooled), Emma Hackman (Rockwood Summit High School), Elizabeth Bundschuh (Westminster Christian Academy) and Sarah Gregory (Lafayette High School)
- Singer: Audrianna Bartholomew (Francis Howell North High School)
- Contemporary dancers/students from COCA: Talia Bennett (John Burroughs School) and Dony’ae Bush (Soldan International High School)
- Singer/musical theater: Olivia Hanford (Cor Jesu Academy)
- Hip-hop dancer/tumbler: Lamaar Wimbley (Confluence Preparatory Academy)
- Students from JazzU at Jazz St. Louis: Christian McGhee (Liberty High School), Race Simmons (Maplewood Richmond Heights High School) and Connor Low (Westminster Christian Academy)
- Hip Hop dancer: Gabrielle McNabb (Windsor High School)
- Pianist: Rachel Antoinette Morgan (Hazelwood Central High School)
- Musical theater/singer: Janna Linae Schmid (Eureka High School)
- Violin duo: Nathaniel & Jerome Eulentrop (homeschooled)
- Singer/dancer: Vindhya Yanamadala (Parkway Central High School) and Medha Srigiri (Parkway South High School)
- Contemporary dancer: Tiala Taylor (Fort Zumwalt North High School)
- Contemporary dancers: Jacob Darsey, Channce Williams, Robert Crenshaw, Daryon Kent, Joshua Hall and Dave McCall (all attend Central Visual & Performing Arts High School)
Tickets are available here.