STLFW Project Runway: Meet The Designers
It’s no secret that Saint Louis Fashion Week is stepping up its game this season by expanding to ten days and hosting an impressive roster of designers and bloggers. The long list of fashion festivities will also include an impressive show at the Fabulous Fox Theater with seven Project Runway alums.
- Laura Kathleen, a St. Louis native, appeared on Season 9 as well as Project Runway “All Stars” Season 2. Her line, LK Designs, is known for its sophisticated silhouettes and dedication to the modern woman. Her inspiration lies within the glamorous and luxurious women of the world.
- Michael Drummond, also native to St. Louis, appeared on Season 8 of Project Runway and is known for his artful items rooted in eco-consciousness. Drummond’s line, The Exquisite Corpse, is made up mostly of end run and organic materials.
- April Johnston appeared on Season 8 as well as Project Runway “All Stars” Season 1. Johnston considers her line, Mangled Courtesan, to be sophisticated, gothic romanticism. The line remains extremely feminine with hints of darkness.
- Joshua McKinley Cook appeared on Season 9 and Project Runway “All Stars” Season 2. His signature menswear line is taking off and he just launched a capsule collection of womenswear under the name Joshua Kayne by Joshua McKinley.
- Casanova appeared on Season 8 and Project Runway “All Stars” Season 2. He considers his design aesthetic for Casanova NYC to be risqué and made exclusively for women who exude self-confidence.
- Anthony Ryan appeared on Season 9 and Project Runway “All Stars” Season 2. His namesake line embodies classic silhouettes. Ryan’s bold fabric choices paired back to clean yet strong lines borders on futuristic.
- Victor Luna appeared on Season 9. His line targets the rock ‘n’ roll fan who enjoys what they wear. Luna mixes downtown cool with uptown chic. Known for his unique photo prints, the designer is always looking to change the mold.
To see the designers and their latest collections at the Fabulous Fox Theater on Saturday Sept. 28, snag tickets now before they sashay away for good.