Recipe: Tangy and Tantalizing
Fire up the grill! The experts at Schnucks Cooks serve up a surefire summer recipe that promises to have guests going for seconds.
In under half an hour, you can transform beef from boring to brilliant with this savory recipe for tangy Teriyaki Flank Steak topped with tender sweet peppers from the Schuncks Cooks culinarians. Pair this tasty entrée with your favorite noodle or rice side dish or a crisp garden salad and you’re sure to have a new summer favorite on your hands.
Teriyaki Flank Steak & Sweet Peppers
What You Need:
• 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
• 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons Schnucks honey
• 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
• 1 flank steak (about 1/2 pounds)
• 2 tablespoons Schnucks extra virgin olive oil
• 2 red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
What to Do:
1. In large zip-tight plastic bag, add garlic, soy sauce, honey and ginger; massage ingredients in bag to combine. Add steak to bag; seal bag, pressing out excess air. Massage ingredients again to coat steak. Refrigerate steak at least 30 minutes or up to overnight to marinate.
2. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat or preheat broiler. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add peppers and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat; cover to keep warm.
3. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on hot grill rack or broiler pan; cook 14 to 17 minutes, turning once, for medium-rare and an internal temperature of 145°F, or cook to desired doneness. Transfer steak to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes to set juices.
4. Thinly slice steak diagonally across the grain and transfer to large platter; top steak with warm peppers to serve.
Photo credit: Photos courtesy of Schnucks