Recipe: Easy Does It
Served as a main dish or a hearty side, this Schnucks Cooks-created recipe adds robust flavor to any meal.
Sure, you’re busy, but that doesn’t mean you and your family don’t deserve a delicious home-cooked meal. With this dish, the expert chefs at Schnucks Cooks combine the fresh flavor of green onion, ripe grape tomatoes and baby spinach with zesty herbed chicken, rich avocado and tangy Romano cheese dressing for a pasta salad that outdoes any run-of-the-mill boxed variety. Accompanied by a loaf of freshly baked French bread or tender steamed veggies, this go-to recipe makes an ideal main course. Got dinner covered but need something to round out the meal? Serve this pasta salad as a filling side or crowd-pleasing potluck dish.
Roasted Chicken Pasta Salad
What You Need:
• 1 box (16 oz.) Schnucks rotini pasta
• 1 Schnucks herb whole roasted chicken, skin removed and meat diced (about 2 1/2 cups)
• 1 bunch green onions, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
• 1 pint grape tomatoes, each cut lengthwise in half
• 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 2 cups baby spinach
• 1 1/2 cups Romano cheese salad dressing
What To Do:
1. Prepare pasta as label directs. Drain pasta and cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
2. In large bowl, toss pasta with remaining ingredients. If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate overnight. Toss salad well before serving.
Log on to schnuckscooks.com for more recipes.
Roasted chicken pasta salad recipe created by Schnucks Cooks
Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio
Photo credit: First photo courtesy of Schnucks; Ecco Domani photo by Carmen Troesser.