Preview of The Restaurant At The Cheshire's New Fall And Winter Menu
ALIVE had a sneak peek at The Restaurant at The Cheshire’s new seasonal menu—a collection of dishes brimming with the bounty of the season. Executive Chef Rex Hale has incorporated squashes, ciders and hearty sauces onto the plates while remaining dedicated to the restaurant’s many local partners.
You can still find Rain Crow Ranch pork, Baetje Farms cheese and Ozark Forest mushrooms throughout the menu with minor alterations to embrace harvest flavors—strawberries have been swapped for apples in the compote to accompany the pork shoulder and cubes of roasted pumpkin have replaced asparagus in the risotto resting underneath the scallops. Overall, the seasonal ingredients bring welcomed depth to the dishes as the weather turns chilly. Here are some of the items on the menu:
- Pan-Fried Naked Cowboy Oysters – butternut squash, bacon salad
- Steamed Prince Edward Island Mussels – cider, Chorizo, half-dried tomatoes, fennel
- Chowder – shrimp, butternut squash
- Autumn Squash Soup – toasted pumpkin seeds, sorghum creme fraiche
- Braised Pork Shank – whipped parsnips, caramelized vegetables
- Maine Sea Scallops – shrimp, smoked bacon, pumpkin risotto
- New York Strip – wild mushroom Brusssel sprout hash & Cabernet vinegar
- Local Apple Crisp – vanilla ice cream
- Chilled Passion Fruit Parfait – bittersweet chocolate, marshmallows
Chef Hale will be showcasing similar flavors on Thanksgiving Day with a 3-course dinner offered from 12pm until 6pm . Reservations for this or any of your other holiday celebrations can be made by calling 314.932.7818.