Local Goes Glam At Style In The Loop
Saint Louis Fashion Week has adopted the Delmar Loop street fashion event, Style in the Loop, into its roster of activities this year (Sunday, Sept. 29). The event was originally launched in 2011 and has rapidly grown in popularity, making it one of the top events in the iconic University City neighborhood. This year, the Loop is shutting down the street to house a high-energy fashion show in the middle of Delmar Blvd. that will feature 10 outstanding local designers and special performances.
Style in the Loop was launched as a platform for local businesses, boutiques, artists, designers and attendees to show their support of the growing St. Louis fashion community by encouraging the patronization of the thriving small business district. In addition to a fashion show, the entire neighborhood will be abuzz in the name of fashion with events that include trunk shows, live music, artist demonstrations, sidewalk sales and a special performance by the Missouri Ballet Theater.
The entire event runs from 1-6pm, with the fashion show kicking off at 4pm. Participating designers include: Sansone Designs by Michele Sansone, Conjetta by Connie Bourgeois, Michael Shead, Devil City by Deborah Fink and Lauren Boshans, I Am Sly by Jessica Affsprung, Whitney Manney, Mekhat by Mekhat Moore, Ulicni by Ashley Ulicni, The Scarlet Collection and Andy J. by A.J. Thouvenot.
Here’s a peek at the event list of local businesses and boutiques:
- Avalon Exchange: Sidewalk sale
- Cocktailz A Beauty Bar: Sidewalk makeup demo, interactive styling and creative workshop in-store, featuring celebrity makeup artist Alex Butler (master class)
- Serendipity Gallery: Hosting local artist
- Craft Alliance: Presenting felted designs of Jenne Gilles of Harlequin Feltworks
- Noodles & Company: Sidewalk samples and hospitality for models and designers
- Lady Pearl Boutique: Sidewalk sale, special promotion and live window display
- Ziezo: Trunk Show for Project Runway designers
- Blueberry Hill: $2 off pitchers of beer with Style in the Loop ticket stub (5pm-7pm)
- Phoenix Rising: 20 percent off all jewelry purchases over $50
- Star Clipper – Make-your-own-superhero paper dolls
- Vintage Vinyl: Tom “Papa” Ray with DJ under the marquee
- Th!S: 15 percent off regular price items and a sidewalk sale
- TNT Glass Designs: Live glass blowing and sidewalk sale
- Compônere Gallery: Christopher Lynch exhibiting his drawings on jeans, t-shirts, shoes and bags and on-site drawing of “Art to Wear.” Larissa Bray exhibiting her designer women’s necklaces and handbags
- Macrosun International: Henna body art in store
- HSB Tobacconist: Live window display
- The Silver Lady: Sidewalk sale
- Subterranean Books: 15 percent off
- Iron Age: Print sale
- Devil City: Sidewalk sale and pinup models, Stop Staring presale event
There will be a pre-show cocktail party event and fashion show check-in at Nico, 6525 Delmar, that includes drink specials and a performance by Mo Egeston’s Groove Session. Immediately following the show, attendees can head over to the rooftop terrace at the Moonrise Hotel for even more Style in the Loop perks.
Tickets for the fashion show can be purchased at the Saint Louis Fashion Week website or on-site at Devil City, 6301 Delmar.