Lift Your Glass To St. Louis Craft Spirits And Cocktail Week
Look around you. Notice something different? Whether or not you knew it, you’re smack dab in the middle of St. Louis Craft Spirits & Cocktail Week. The second annual celebration of local distillers and craft mixologists is marked by a week-long series of events that includes happy hours, tasting events, pairing menus and a community picnic. In addition, local establishments Brasserie by Niche, Taste, Demun Oyster Bar, Sanctuaria, Eclipse, Mission Taco, Boogaloo and BC’s Kitchen will serve specialty cocktails that feature local craft spirits throughout the week.
Distilleries participating in the festivities include Spirits of St. Louis Distillery, Mastermind Vodka, Crown Valley Brewing & Distilling, Cardinal Sin Vodka, Pinckney Bend Distillery, The Big O Ginger Liqueur, STilL 630, Mad Buffalo Distillery and newcomer Wood Hat Spirits Distillery. The distillers and their products will be featured at the following events:
- Tuesday, Sept. 10—Square One Brewery in Lafayette Square will showcase five styles of Island Time rum by Spirits of St. Louis Distillery with a tasting and cocktail dinner beginning at 6pm. Five courses prepared by Square One chef Sean Scott will be paired with both a sample of rum and a cocktail made with that rum. Tickets are $50 per person, which includes all food and drink. Reservations can be made by calling 314.231.2537.
- Wednesday, Sept. 11—Sub Zero Vodka Bar is sponsoring a “Meet the Distilleries Vodka Tasting Event” from 5-8pm. Meet the distillers behind Cardinal Sin, Mastermind Vodka, Spirits of St. Louis, Midwest Wheat Vodka, Pinckney Bend Distillery 3 Grain Vodka, Crown Valley Brewing & Distilling Vodka and Mad Buffalo Distillery Thunder Beast Vodka.
- Thursday, Sept. 12—Table Restaurant’s “Spirited Dinner” will serve up five courses, each paired with a cocktail created using local whiskies and moonshine. Menu items include wild mushroom mousse, beef tartare with beef marrow, braised pheasant, orange-braised pork belly and brown sugar cake. Featured spirits include those by Spirits of St. Louis Distillery, Mad Buffalo Distillery, STilL 630, Pinckney Bend Distillery and Crown Valley Brewing & Distilling. Tickets are $60 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Reservations can be made by calling 314.449.1888.
- Saturday, Sept. 14—All participating distilleries will be open for tours from 11am-4pm. Contact each distillery for more information.
- Sunday, Sept. 15—The celebration will culminate with the Swig n’ Swine Picnic at Lafayette Park from noon-4pm. The whole pig roast and punch party is a fundraiser for the St. Louis chapter of the United States Bartenders Guild, a non-profit organization. Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the event.
More information on the week’s events can be found at St. Louis Classic Cocktail Party’s Facebook page.