Dining Destination: The Table at Table
Following the success of “No Menu Monday” at Home Wine Kitchen, chef Cassy Vires has launched another unique dining experience at her second restaurant, Table, which opened in June.
The Table (a room located inside the restaurant Table) is a communal dining experience available on Friday and Saturday evenings at 6:30pm, for which Vires creates weekly themed menus. The new menu is announced every Wednesday, and diners must make reservations to eat at The Table. (Reservation time is your chance to communicate any allergies or dining restrictions.) You can dine at The Table no matter your party size, but know that you’ll be seated at a large, family-style table, and you’ll share your dining experience with the rest of that night’s guests.
The evening begins with a welcome cocktail, followed by a five-course themed menu of Vires’ creation. You can order drinks a la carte throughout the evening or choose the pairing option, which brings a different wine, beer or cocktail with each course, expertly paired by Vires’ husband Josh Renbarger and Table’s mixology team.
For the inaugural dinner at The Table, Vires imagined a playful, yet inspired carnival-themed menu featuring upscale treatments to some of her childhood favorites:
- Spiced Strawberry Mojito Snow Cone (welcome cocktail)
- Funnel Cake with Cayenne and Cocoa Powder Dust
- Corn Dog with Chorizo and Smoked Tomato Creme Fraiche
- BLT with Escolar, Fried Pickles and Onion Frizzles
- Cheese Fries with Local Curds, Pork Belly and Green Onion
- Goose Leg with Onion Jam and Street Corn Off the Cob
- DIY Ice Cream Sundaes with “Funfetti” Ice Cream, Lavender Rock Salt, Bourbon Caramel Corn, Cake Crumbles, Housemade Sprinkles, Toffee and Salted Caramel Syrup
Dinner is $65 per person, with an additional $30 per person for the pairing option. Reservations can be made by calling 314.449.1888.
Table, 1821 Cherokee Street, Benton Park West.