Destination: The Restaurant at The Cheshire
There’s so much to love about summer in St. Louis. Concerts in the parks, road trips with the family, pork steaks on the grill, farmers’ markets and baseball… but don’t forget dining. July is prime time for some of the best local produce, and The Restaurant at The Cheshire has created a summer tasting menu that pays tribute to our region’s talented growers. From bright tomatoes and chiles to luscious berries and herbs, Chef Rex Hale has accented each dish with the flavors of summer. This holiday weekend is the perfect time to relax in The Restaurant’s cushy and stylish environs and dig into these tasty dishes from their seasonal menu:
- Local Tomatoes, Cabernet vinegar, basil, EVOO
- House Smoked Salmon, dill citrus mascarpone, capers, crostini
- Ahi Tuna Thin and Raw (pictured), blood orange, cuquillo olives, fresno chiles, cilantro
- Rain Crow Ranch Smoked Pork Ribs, Asian barbecue glaze
- Veal Meat Loaf, wild mushroom gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, summer vegetables
- Rain Crow Ranch Pork Shoulder, peppered strawberry compote, white cheddar grits
- Red Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs, whipped parsnips, summer vegetable ragout
- Alaskan Halibut, porcini and summer vegetable ragout
- Maine Sea Scallops, shrimp, smoked bacon and asparagus risotto
And speaking of seasonal menus, The Restaurant also offers a Muny Dining Package, a three-course tasting menu and round-trip transportation to The Muny in Forest Park for just $35 per person. Dinner and a show, St. Louis style.
The Restaurant at The Cheshire, 7036 Clayton Ave., Richmond Heights, 314.932.7818.