Anheuser-Busch Explores Beer History with Brewery Museum Opening
Anheuser-Busch Brewery is peering into the past with the opening of its new museum in the Old Schoolhouse building on March 9. According to the A-B website, the centrally located, three-story building’s ground floor will house more than 400 A-B artifacts, many of which have never been on display to the public before.
Built in 1868, the building functioned as a schoolhouse and provided education for some of the Busch family members until 1907, when the city sold it to the brewery for administrative use.
Brewery-goers can peruse artifacts from A-B advertisements, architecture and history throughout the ages. Some noteworthy exhibits include a 1933 audio recording of August Busch Jr. on the night Prohibition was repealed, as well as a room filled with more than 25 A-B products made during Prohibition.
Several historic items on display were acquired from collectors and donators, while other items were brought out of storage.
In addition to the Old Schoolhouse, the museum tour also visits the Brew House and Budweiser Clydesdale stables, the other two National Historic Landmark Buildings on the A-B property (and yes, it includes beer samples).
For more information, visit www.budweisertours.com.