8 Memorial Weekend Must-Haves
Memorial Weekend acts as the unofficial start of summer and although we in the Lou may be seeing a bit of rain, we aren’t going to let that stop us from kicking the sunny new season off right. Here are eight items you need to snag to prepare yourself for rain or shine this holiday weekend:
1. A Blanket: For the park, of course! Sneak out this weekend when the sun is shining and have a picnic, read a book, or just relax and relish the fact that it’s almost pool season.
2. A Swimming Suit: This is the weekend that the pools open and you will want to be fully prepared to snag some rays if the temperature climbs.
3. A Beach Bag: To stash all of the necessities, of course!
4. A Good Read: For the park, by the pool, on a boat, or in your favorite chair. Our recommendation? Anything by Haruki Murakami.
5. A Summer Dress: We are loving poplin right now and although the classic button-up shirtdress may seem too much like work, a halter version is flattering for all of our weekend activities.
6. A Hat: Summer rays are no joke. Protect the sensitive skin on your face by wearing a hat outdoors as often as possible.
7: A Slip-On Sandal: Whether your style is sporty or spicy, there’s a slip-on sandal out there to suit you just perfectly. Bonus: The right one can take you seamlessly from the poolside to the party.
8: A Salt Spray: Don’t let the humidity make your tresses unruly—a salt spray will give you that beachy, summery look whether you make it to the pool or not. Just spritz into damp hair and scrunch for a look that is effortlessly cool.