5 Must-Have Designer Pieces For Fall
For Laura Maurice and Diana Ford, the average jaunt to New York City is entertaining—but toss in
the assignment to shop six high-profile Upper East Side closets and the trip turns into quite the
That’s exactly what happened on a recent adventure. Diana and Laura–with extra baggage in tow–were on a mission to score some enviable designer finds in a handful of the city’s most
chic–and, unfortunately for us, anonymous–closets. Although they never shop and tell, we did
learn that the fashionable femmes include a celebrity stylist; a PR powerhouse; a daily TV
personality; and a woman who owns a network empire; all whose enviable pieces can be found at The Vault Luxury Resale in St. Louis.
While the haul was a great one, there are five items in particular that represent our current
wardrobe goals for the fall season. If you see something you can’t live without, don’t worry. All
are available (but not for long!) at The Vault.
1) This season, the LBD gets shapely. Pair this perfect option with a colorful pair of over-the-knee boots and a moto jacket to channel your favorite femme powerhouse.
Victoria Beckham dress, $299
2) When it comes to accessories, it’s all about the details. Replace your night-out bag with an
updated boho option like this one.
Nasha Mekraksavanich Python fringe bag, $699
3) Sometimes, it’s more than just silver and gold. For an eye-catching ode to the ‘70s, go clear.
Glass and sterling silver abstract bracelet, $79
4) Outerwear is better in faux. This one can be worn buttoned up and belted with a slim trouser
and over-the-knee boot, or open–over anything.
Faux Fur Rachel Zoe vest, $149
5) An accent blazer is key. Make it modern by pairing it with a slim cream turtleneck, cropped
trousers and mid-calf booties.
Lanvin animal-print blazer, $399
Need another event to add to your fall calendar? Join Laura and Diana on Saturday, November
11 from 12-2pm as they host Second Saturday at the Saint Louis Fashion Fund (complete with a
All photography by Jordan Bauer
This post has been brought to you in part by the mentioned organization. Thank you for supporting the companies that keep ALIVE growing.